Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Arrival

For those of you who don't know, I graduated from BYU in April. I interviewed with and was hired by a company called Ledcor. I will be their project coordinator working on a project building two ten-story condo towers and 84 townhouses. We join our hero a couple of days after arrival.
Well, I'm here in Maui. It was not a smooth ride. I missed my connecting flight, the airline lost my bags and the electricity wasn't turned on when I got to my apartment. The next morning I locked myself out of my apartment and had to wait a couple of hours for the day manager to arrive. Luckily I live within walking distance from a beach. Once I got back into my apartment I was able to straighten everything out.
My apartment is ok. It is a one bedroom with a nice balcony. However, it was decorated by a woman, for a woman. She really liked the color purple. I shipped my camera cord, so I may not be able to post pictures for 3-4 weeks.
The location of my apartment is perfect. As I mentioned, I can walk to the beach in two minutes. There is a farmer's market at about the same distance. I could (but I haven't) walk to work in about 15 minutes. My job site is on a really nice beach and I have gone swimming after work every day so far.
I am really enjoying work. On Friday I will have a tour of the project so I will take pictures and write a blog about my job then.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I got your email (obviously). Thanks for sending it. You didn't tell me all that stuff about no electricity and getting locked out. That's crazy! I'm wishing you a smoother week.