Monday, August 13, 2007

The Job

I'm going to write a little about my job. I am the Project Coordinator for a project being built on Maui. I should be here for three years. We will construct two condo towers with 84 townhouses spread around the towers. If you want more detailed information about the project you can visit this website: http://www.honuakai.com/
I was originally hired for the North Tower which should start in a month or so. Until then I am getting my feet wet by helping out on the South Tower which began construction last September. On Friday I went on a site walk of the ST. You can find pictures of that walk here: http://picasaweb.google.com/Dave.G.Burke/JobSite
I am really enjoying work. My co-workers are great. I may blog about them in the future. I enjoy the work as well. I am really learning a lot about the project. I also visited a model apartment (used as a selling tool - like a model home) and loved it. I will go back and take pictures to post.
I feel that I should also include some "hilarious mishaps". This week I cut my foot on a rock in the ocean. It wasn't that bad. More painful was when a bug flew into my eye. It got stuck under my lower eyelid and either bit or stung me. By the time I got it out it was already dead, which was sad because I wanted to kill it. It didn't really affect my vision or anything. It just really hurt. Stupid bug.

1 comment:

Melissa Hilda Caress said...

Your hilarious mishaps remind me of the song Ironic by Alanis, not necessarily ironic, but kinda bad. I hope you don't get too hurt living over there.